Shift in Care from Hospital to Home: Challenges, Opportunities and Improving Medical Device Adherence
The pandemic has accelerated the shift in care delivery from hospital to home. This brings a new set of challenges and opportunities for players in the Medical Device and Pharma space. Continuous monitoring of patients and ensuring device and drug adherence are two challenges that need innovative solutions to be imagined by players in the Healthcare space. During this session, we hope to discuss approaches taken by some companies as well as the role wearables can play in this new paradigm.
Topics to be discussed:
- Has delivery of healthcare and patient management changed as a result of the pandemic?
- What are some of the challenges in managing care at home?
- What opportunities does this trend present to players in the industry, particularly medical device and pharma companies?
- What role can wearables play in home healthcare management and improving adherence?
- What’s required for remote patient monitoring to become truly mainstream?
We are a wearable technology company with a portfolio of patented technologies. By enabling the intersection of smart textiles and electronics we create products that enhance experiences, healthfulness, and everyday interactions.