zero trust: why identity drives next-gen access
As organisations move to mobile and cloud based services, they are moving away from traditional perimeter-focused approaches to security. Resources are focused on enabling access for all users (employees, contractors, partners, etc.) regardless of their location, device or network. Zero Trust is quickly becoming the dominant security model for the cloud, shifting the perimeter from the network to the people and devices that make up a modern workforce. As a model with many moving parts, the immediate question is: where to start? This discussion will focus on: The full Zero Trust reference architecture and steps to get there and why Identity is the foundational layer to build contextual access controls.
Discussion Topics Include:
- What are the security challenges of cloud and mobile adoption?
- With the need to manage access across a variety of users, networks and devices, can we still enforce security on a single network perimeter, and what are the alternatives?
- How do you balance security – ensuring the right people have access to the right resources at the right time – while maintaining a good end user experience?
- How do you manage the often siloed identities and credentials created as a result of increased adoption of disparate tools and systems employees are demanding?
- With more than 80% of today’s data breaches are caused by compromised or poor credentials in attacks like phishing, credential stuffing, password spray. Organizations can't always trust users based just on a username/passwords. How can organisations verify trust in the user and the device before granting access?
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With over 6,500 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. Nearly 8,000 organizations, including Engie, JetBlue, Nordstrom, Takeda Pharmaceutical, Teach for America, T-Mobile and Twilio, trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers.
What is a Virtual Roundtable?
A Virtual Roundtable is a thought-leading discussion between senior corporate leaders using video conferencing technology. Offering a digital alternative to physical business events and roundtable dinners, Virtual Roundtables help professionals to identify actionable solutions to their key challenges without the need to leave their home or office.